As we head into the last leg of summer, it is important to utilize the warm and dry weather to prepare your home for the next season! Here is a checklist to make sure your home is ready for Fall:
1. Trim your trees and remove any dead branches that could pose a threat to your home during a potential future storm.
2. Check and fix your exterior lighting. Daylight Savings will be here before we know it. Make sure your exterior lighting is properly working for when it becomes darker earlier.
3. Complete any interior painting projects you may have. Utilizing the warm weather will help paint dry faster. Open the windows and get that breeze working in your favor.
4. Unclog your gutters and downspouts. Make sure they are in perfect condition for the upcoming wet months.
5. Seal any gaps that could allow critters or drafts to come into your home.
6. Clean your fireplace and chimney.
7. Check your heating system and take care of any repairs you may have.
8. Check your roof and make sure there are no potential leaks in your future.
9. Take care of any exterior repairs you may have. It won't be lighter later for much longer!